Planning your next vacation can be tricky, especially if you’re looking for something a little different and off the beaten path, suggests Vacancy Rewards. Look no further than Houston, Texas! With its unique culture and exciting attractions, you’ll always have things to do. Join Vacancy Rewards on this journey as we explore the hidden gems of Houston!
Vacancy Rewards is a unique travel company that offers vacation packages for its clients. Their team of experts has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the travel industry, which they use to create tailor-made vacation experiences for their clients.
One thing that sets Vacancy Rewards apart from other travel companies is their focus on customer service. They work hard to ensure that every one of their clients has a positive experience from start to finish. They understand that planning a vacation can be daunting, so they are always available to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.
Vacancy Rewards also offers a wide range of services. They can assist with booking flights and accommodations and provide guidance on what to do and see while you’re in town. No matter what your budget or interests are, Vacancy Rewards will help you create an unforgettable vacation.
Vacancy Rewards Explores Things To Do In Houston, Texas
Houston is the most populous city in Texas and the fourth-most populous city in the United States, with a census-estimated 2019 population of over 2.3 million. It is the largest city in the Southern United States and on the Gulf Coast of the United States.
Located in Southeast Texas near Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, it is the seat of Harris County and the principal city of Greater Houston, which is the fifth-most populous metropolitan statistical area in the United States.
Houston was founded by land developers Augustus Chapman Allen and John Kirby Allen on August 30, 1836, at Allen’s Landing on Buffalo Bayou—now known as Allen’s Landing Park—in what was then part of Mexican Texas.
Houston is home to some amazing parks, trails, and nature centers! Exploring the outdoors is usually top on the list for many visitors to Houston as it is fortunate to have consistently good weather year-round.
Popular Outdoor Spots In Houston, Texas
Whether you are looking to take a stroll, go on an exhilarating hike or find a nice place for a picnic, Houston has plenty of outdoor areas for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top choices according to Vacancy Rewards reviews.
1. Discovery Green – This 12-acre park in the heart of Downtown Houston is the perfect place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Discovery Green features a lake, walking trails, gardens, playgrounds, and more.
2. Memorial Park – This 1,500-acre park is one of the largest urban parks in the United States. Memorial Park has something for everyone, including hiking and biking trails, a golf course, tennis courts, and much more.
3. Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – This 155-acre nature center is located just inside Loop 610 and features 5 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. The Houston Arboretum is also home to a wide variety of wildlife, including birds, reptiles, mammals, and amphibians.
4. Buffalo Bayou Park – This 160-acre park runs along Buffalo Bayou in Downtown Houston and offers miles of walking and biking trails, scenic bayou views, playgrounds, picnic areas, and much more.
5. Mercer Botanic Gardens – This 250-acre botanic garden is located just outside of Houston in unincorporated Harris County. Mercer Botanic Gardens features over 10 miles of hiking trails through woodlands and prairies, as well as a variety of gardens showcasing native.
Special Events & Festivals Held in Houston
According to many Vacancy Rewards reviews, you’ll find it in Houston if you’re looking for a city that knows how to party. This Texas metropolis is home to some of the country’s biggest and best special events and festivals. From music and food festivals to rodeos and art fairs, there’s something for everyone in Houston.
Annual Festivals and Special Events in Houston
Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: This annual event is one of the biggest rodeos in the world. It features a professional rodeo competition, live music, carnival rides, and more.
Bayou City Art Festival: This world-renowned art festival features hundreds of artists from all over the world displaying and selling their work. You’ll also find live music, food trucks, and other family-friendly entertainment at this event.
Free Press Summer Fest: This two-day music festival features over 100 musical acts on eight different stages. Past headliners have included Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding, and Lizzo.
Many more special events and festivals are held in Houston throughout the year. For more information on what’s happening during your visit, check out the Visit Houston website or ask your Vacancy Rewards Travel Advisor.